Friday, June 10, 2011

@ Berkeley 3

Sometimes I feel like I should travel with myself or with my clones.

My friends have totally no ideas about anything. yeah anything at all.
They haven heard of
Abercrombie - one of the most famous clothing brands in US
or H&M - one of the most popular clothes retailers in the world
or Krispy Kreme - the best donuts in the world
or In n Out burger - US's best fast food
or LV/Prada/Hermes are EUROPEAN luxury brands and not american
or Greyhound - the famous US coachbus
or Glee or Forever 21 men or Old Navy or American Eagle
or how to cook spagetti
or What/when is INDEPENDENCE DAY
or what is an outlet
or what is Froyo
or what is the pearl in bubble tea made of. No clue.

Totally. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to 2 cave aliens from another planet and bringing them around earth or around San Francisco, when I'm there for the first time myself.

Serious?!?!?!?!
They are already 24 years old and they have no clue about such things?!?!
Have they been living as a fossil!?!
where have they been all these while!??!

Most of my uni friends (also in engineering) know about all these stuff before we talk about them. I mean, these are some very basic social stuff you need to know at the very least while you live in this world of commercials and retailers.

I sound like I'm very knowledgeable but there are far many who knows more than me.
I think this trip is really an eye-opener for them, but to me it feel like bringing a 24 year old to Sentosa or Orchard Road for the first time. I'm sorry for being harsh but to me its irritating to talk to somebody with a different wavelength and I need to explain almost every meaning of the words I said.

"Oh, there's a plaid shirt in H&M which has a nice cutting!" - huh what's plaid and what's H&M and how to tell if its a nice cutting?

No comments:

Post a Comment