Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Accelerated plans

When I came back after the China National Day Holidays, we had completely moved to a new building which was owned by LVMT and a HK Tycoon, just beside our old building. 

Within 3 days, everyone was sent back to work from home. The environment was too poisonous to work in, people had breathing difficulty, headaches, eye irritation etc, but I was still alright maybe because I had a minor flu from Inner Mongolia so I didn't feel anything weird. Even the President went back to the old building to work. My manager had to force us to leave earlier to avoid breathing in too much harmful gases.

It was until the third day then I realised that it wasn't the flu that made my throat irritated and breathing difficult, because I didn't had any symptoms in the gym or at home. 

Work still have to be done but the floor was empty so progress was slow. My manager had succumbed to working at home because she had headaches. 

I had planned to go back to Singapore to do my visa at the end of this month to make full use of my visa extension so because of that, she told me to fly as soon as possible. 
One, because there is nothing we can do with everyone home-based. 
Two, to avoid the harmful substances in the building. 
Three, I can work from Singapore office.

My plans have accelerated. I bought my tickets on Monday night to fly off on Wednesday night. Although I was two week early, I had more time in Singapore! I get to spend 1 more weekend and a few more days there! 

Thinking that I have to work from the local office makes me feel like I'm more on a business trip. 
Oh wells, beats breathing in harmful substances. And I had to stop my gym-and-spinning-class everyday routine. Looks like something is gonna come back.