Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chinese New Year 2013

I was so frustrated the moment I arrived. I waited half an hour at the airport exit because my mum was waiting at the wrong belt, quoting "because a lot of people came out from there" and the moment I reached home she told me she gave my fav backpack to my cousin. WTH.

Thankfully, the Chinese New Year this year salvaged my trip back. 

Similar to last year, the CNY was over the weekend, we departed on Friday afternoon after my good Thai food and ice cream lunch and stayed till Wednesday.

And again, I was quite reluctant to go back because of the boredom and same stuff every year but turns out it was one of the best CNY after the teenage years because my favourite pair of twins come back, with more witty talks and jokes. Plus I bought two kites back which flew really well.

For the past few years I wasn't able to hold conversation topics with them because of the generation gap, and puberty before and after, but we were able to chat until 4am about random stuff, from food to Korean pop to studies and work to sick movies like Saw and Final destination. We also have the capacity to participate in $1 blackjacks where I gave angbao to everyone.

 



Again, the topic of working in Shanghai came out in every conversation. Sometimes I really wanna help cousins with their education, but it is what it is with the education in Malaysia. The will is strong but there's not much I can do, the country is more backwards than Shanghai.

I really enjoyed my stay most of the time, let's see if i still have the same momentum next year.