Sunday, November 01, 2015

Big Aunt

My big aunt passed away on Tuesday morning. From what I heard, my cousins were cleaning her up and putting her on her bed and then it just happened. Many were glad that she was relieved of her pain and suffering and I'm also glad to see her the last time on that Thursday night.

She was diagnosed with lung cancer since March after a doctor's check-up and she was too weak to even attend my grandmother's funeral. She was admitted to the hospital since July or August and my parents visited her almost every week. I think she enjoyed talking to my dad a lot because she requested for him to go over last Thursday night, even though she was feeling a little weak, She just wanted somebody to talk to and listen to her. My dad said she was almost hallucinating already, like my grandmother a few days before she passed away.

At our age it seemed like we face more deaths than births. I had 2 deaths in the family this year, just 4 months apart and it's time to start counting the number of years left that we have with our loved ones. It's quite scary to think that it's the time of your life that your family leaves one by one.
We are not spared from the brutal truth: nothing lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment