Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Tokyo May 2016

I've been to Tokyo so many times but every time there's something new to explore. The endless small little bars or restaurants that serves food that can beat any Japanese restaurants in Singapore, the endless shopping and quirky products to buy and the seasonal food that are only available at certain times of the year, what's not to like about Tokyo?

Anyway I'll just let the pictures do the talking. The weather was super nice though. I could do with a tee and jacket.

One of the random finds while walking along the streets. Cold noodles with dipping soup. It's so so damn good.


Outside the store

Award winning pudding from Family Mart. It is truly out of this world. I cannot believe such pudding exists in the world. 
First BBQ Wagyu beef for lunch

It was Sanja Matsuri, one of the biggest festivals in Tokyo.





We took a side trip to Hakone for Onsen and Mt Fuji view but the foggy weather blocked the view.





What's a trip to Japan without ryokan, onsen and some outlet shopping?
We went to Kichijoji to get my watch which I have been searching for for a year... and some food hunting.






Dessert hunting at Harajuku




Zaku Zaku at Harajuku
A random standing BBQ beef bar near our hotel.

Ok so I bought:
A lot of tidbits and snacks as usual
Lots of green tea
1 cherry beer, 1 yuzu alcohol and 1 umeshu
2 pair of Japanese demin and made in Japan jeans
1 Paul Smith made in Japan tee
1 Knot watch
1 lotion, 2 facial washes, some eye drops
A lot of food in my stomach

No comments:

Post a Comment