Thursday, September 29, 2016

Gym

I have been considering joining Fitness First membership but the cost is putting me off for the longest time and I was quite surprised to learn that my colleague had signed up for FF since May and have been going there to swim every morning. I can definitely sense that he is more cheerful and energetic than before. My considerations for gym: crowd, cost, convenience.

So I had consulted my friends about True, Virgin and FF, and was mentally preparing myself to go to the gym on weekday mornings when I'm most free. I even wrote down a list of what to bring, what time to wake up and what's for breakfast and preparing the $155 monthly fee. So many classes to choose from, workout attire, drinks and good equipment.

Then, a rather sudden turn of events. The day before, three groups of friends said that FF is too expensive for a gym membership, although facilities and the experience is good. I went swimming on one evening at my usual hometeam and thought of the gym there - the one I go to regularly. I went up at 9pm after swimming, checked out the crowd and the price, and decided to sign up there instead. I don't need the classes nor the drinks nor the attire at FF, the gym in hometeam suffice. I don't even need to shower there I can just come home in 15mins to shower. The most attractive thing is, it's only $406. Per Year. $33 per month.  Wow.

So I have been going for a week now and it has been great. Working out at 9pm before it closes at 10pm is so satisfying with only 4-5 people around.

Another big ticket expense. ~$~.

No comments:

Post a Comment