Wednesday, January 13, 2010

looking back 2009

Last year-end i did some sort of a review of my previous years and i should do it again this year and make it a point to remind myself of what happened for a year of my life - achievements as well as failures, what stayed and whats gone, experiences and inexperiences.

So many things happened in 2009, changes that made me felt like it was 2 years insteal of a year. It's like the end of year when the semester ends and starts again when the next semester starts.

My 2009 have been separated into 2 exactly. Here are some highlights.

first half: Jan to May
continued my College years,
my birthday was on the second day of Chinese New Year,
I changed to a new phone W705 which have been nice to me except those days when it crashed.
I applied for exchange at Taiwan and got it
I bought a new camera for myself, intended for the taiwan trip.

Second half:
May to July -
I exchanged at taiwan, kaohsiung with a group of aliens for 2 months, experienced the world of chinese which i couldn't get used to.
oh I met lovely Yang Cheng Ling on the streets. haha
I soaked in hot spring and saw lots of shooting stars at Green Island for the first time, went to Alishan and Kenting too.

July to August -
then i came back and there goes my tuition job.
Yanzi's concert soon after i came back.
Had a really fun trip to Melaka with Pri School friends and almost couldn't make it back for first day of school. haha
oh and I stopped staying in hall which is sadness.
I abstrained from alcohol.

August to December -
Got to know more people from all over - classes, friend's friend, randomly.
Found many new ice cream places. :) totally.
Attended first friend's wedding, Ming Wei and Bernice.
Experienced insomnia for the first time in my life during exam period which sucked totally.
Shirin's 21st Birthday party.
Had some real struggles with myself sometime mid december, but got better with friend and cindy!
and....*drum rolls*...... the event of the year.. (hm.. it can be considered for the next year too).. is COUNTDOWN AT OSAKA WITH FRIENDS!

well, overall I got closer to some friends and its great not to lose contact with any of them from last year. Many of the females friends have embarked on the journey of never-ending working life thus lesser time to hang out with. Nonetheless, we'r still comfortable with each other.

We cousins became much closer.. no idea why but i kinda liked the idea because i have not caught them for recent years, only on 21st birthdays. it's really nice to be close while the one generation older is not. haha. growing up together rocks.

I've been travelling a lot this year. I've clocked more milleage than I have ever done within a year. Travelling makes me think of life, culture and changes me as a person, expand my horizon, broaden scopes and eventually influences my views and decisions. It is simply a reset button in my brain, refreshes everything, every emotion and feeling washes away and come back with a clean sheet. A good side-lane from the highway, especially Osaka. SUGOI DESU!

i won't say 2009 was a life-changing year, instead its a year of discoveries.

Thank you for all the discoveries and experiences in 2009.
Let the dark be left behind and step on the trail to the 2010 light!

No comments:

Post a Comment