Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Looking back 2011

It has been a tradition for me to review my additional year of living on earth from a few years ago on my blog, for memory sake and learning from mistakes to upgrade into something more.

January to February: Transformation
Ended my internship on a high note
Wall painting and furbishing my own room finally and I am so proud of the results. Privacy and convenience. I can't believe I used to be a ghost around the house.
Learnt the truth about things finally.
Taylor Swift concert in Singapore!

March to May: School term
Started school, became more hardworking this time and attend many lectures
Made new friends while doing projects and stuff
Many projects ongoing at the same time

May - July: Global Summer Studies and travelling
I had to fly 2 days after my exams to San Francisco, where I did studied at University of California, Berkeley for 6 weeks of summer. Totally loved the weather and environment and opened my mind to things I have been blind in Singapore.
Made lotsa new friends, met Yuru, traveled to Yosemite National Park, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
A 5-day return transit at Hong Kong which was exactly the same 6 years ago and ate everywhere I went. Met Jenius and Naifen for a lot of food too.
Came back with huge bag of shoppings.
Made a resolution not to travel with amateurs and Ls.

Came back to a series of exciting movies, Captain America, Green Lantern, Planet of the apes, Harry Potter, Transformers.
Finished True Blood, Modern Family, Game of Thrones, Falling Skies altogether before school commences.

July - September: Relaxation
Another semester starts with projects and FYP.
All relaxing because of many long holidays heading to recess week
Job hunting with rejections
Nostalgic return to HSBC to interview Betty and Vin Seng
All of my electronics failed simultaneously: Watch, phone, laptop.

September - December: Presents and Events
-The climatic winds changes its directions, the eventful monsoon season starts.
For the good or for the bad, everywhere floods.-

Recess week at a fun chalet, haven't had a good one for a long time.
Stuffed a lot of good food in my mouth with chairmeh
Spilled milk incident-no harm done
Again, made many friends doing torturous projects together
Nigel's wedding
A long exam period but still had fun in betweens
SNSD Craze for me and my friends over their concert
Bought Iphone 4S: my first apple product and an exponential drop in laptop time
Baked lotsa stuff: Macarons, choco tarts etc
Completed a few books and many comics

I didn't realise 2011 was such an eventful year! It seems like a really long time, especially the third quarter. Things turn out to what I didn't expect them to be. Good or bad, it's tattooed on me.

As I enter my year of Quarter-Century, the wheels of evolution spins even faster. I already expect changes that ripples the rest of my life but I'm not really sure if I'm ready.

To a better year 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment