Thursday, May 24, 2012

IR interview

I'm so relieved its over.

I have no idea why I was so nervous for the presentation. Doing presentations are like bathing to me, I've been trained by my FYP, biz modules and a lot of courses in school. Plus I had input from some of my friends, I should be very confident.
And I lost sleep too. I went to bed at 2 and couldn't sleep until I hear the first LRT which signals 5am.

Its the stress that I put on myself. The last time I lost sleep because of stress was year 2 exams and year 1 life science when I kept going through the facts in my head until the sun came up.
It wasn't even worth putting stress man! Its just a presentation!

There were 3, but I'd say its a fair fight between the 2 of us.
The third is really out of our league. The moment he mentioned social media its totally gone. U mean owners of manufacturing plants will add you on fb when they wanna buy an air compressor? And what is he trying to  do trying to promote the products to the people who sells it? And not to mention presentation style trying to impress us with lousy figures. It doesn't help when he slouches when presenting, wears a oversized white crocodile shirt which has been overwashed to a little yellow and belt not matching the colour of the shoes.
I apologize but this fella is a total noob. I'd rather not associate with him as the business minor gang.

Now the other is a challenge. Carefully crafted answers with a hint of his intelligence, trying to give us credits because he thought he had an unfair advantage, I cannot foresee if he is genuine or trying to buy us over. Ya, I guess I shouldn't doubt his kindess. He's a smart guy, so I guess the trophy is between the two of us.

Despite insufficient sleep, eyelid infection, heaty BBQ food the day before, I guess my brain works better when I put stress on myself and force my brain to work. I excelled in both of the two activities they threw us after the presentation.

Build a car using Lego? I can do it blind with one hand.
A bridge using cardboard? Hello, 2nd upper Mech engine guy here.
No fight. And I thought I would have some serious competition with maybe good NUS students or something.

I really hope they give us what we are really worth after so much.