Friday, June 14, 2013

Chengde Mountain Resort

I have a love hate relationship with holidays in China.

The holidays are not as it seem. 3 holidays in a roll, but you have to make it up during the weekends.
There will be MOUNTAINS of PEOPLE travelling within China, which jacks up the flight ticket prices, empty train tickets quickly and jam up the whole train station.
And it's really troublesome to plan where to go, because major attractions will be filled with people and you can't go far with just 3 days.

So with these troubles during this Dragonboat Festival, I delayed thinking about my travel plans until the last min, I just bought my flight, train and hotel 5 hours before my flight. Most of my friends said the Cheng-de Mountain Resort was worth going, including my mum, so I thought why not, since I won't get a chance to go there anytime, and I have no plans for the holidays, and somebody said he would pay for my food and hotel if I went there.

Overall it was alright, its just a big garden to me.
The highlight of the holiday was when we returned to Beijing and I had a huge lot of food to eat at home, like caramel ice cream, dark chocolate cake, curry pasta, mushroom soup, double cheesecake, thai tea ice cream and white fungus papaya dessert. So wonderful.
Total damage for 3 days: 2000rmb