Saturday, November 15, 2014

DnD

I cannot comprehend why employees don't like to go for Dance and Dinner. Food, entertainment, drinks, interaction, networking and all at one place for free. On top of that, the more involved everyone is, the more fun it gets. The first DnD I attended was in Exxon, where everyone, including all the big managers were so into the theme and every costume was so fabulous, the best table was too difficult to decide.

This time round was my first dinner at MBS ballroom with around a massive 2200 people. I didn't expect to have such a great time, maybe it was the wine or beer, or the two international colleagues, L and T, who I didn't interact much with in office suddenly had so much to exchange. T from Czech and I were the only ones to dress up for The Great Gatsby, the theme and she brought a bottle of really good whisky to share on the table. L from Argentina sat beside me and we just clicked immediately and she was telling me not to leave and asking the big boss to hire me and sorts. 

It was the alcohol. After the 3rd dish I can't stop nodding my head with the music. The live band was really good and the 3 of us were sitting down dancing to the music. The food was good too and after the dinner we danced a little while and went to T's friend's place where there were a group of people but I couldn't remember any of their names. 

I gained some fascinating knowledge.
T talked about how she thought it's not possible to have no winter anywhere so she brought all her winter clothes to sg, how the CEO of some big bank is a slut and the lady that slept with him told her.
L said all the bank employees in Latin America had ONS and slept with each other openly and party every other night. And the clubs open till 9am in the morning so they go for breakfast after that. 

Some parts of the industry is really crazy I guess. or some parts of the world is really crazy.
Lovely event. Lovely friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment