Monday, April 18, 2016

Almost happening

I'm fascinated by how little my life have changed from Jan till now.

First half of the year is usually quiet because I have to pay all my bills for the year so I have minimal balance in my account and I have to accumulate and spend on various stuff like random trips and snowboarding and by next year the savings are gone again. Vicious cycle.

Talking about random trips, I had to forgo this random trip that I planned with my cousins because I thought it was the three of us and I was going to pay for most of the trip but they pulled 2 of their friends along and it was a little awkward to go with them. And by the time we confirmed the flights were all over $250. Well at least I wrote an itinerary for them and offered them some baht and they had a great time. I knew they didn't need any help for the first time overseas.

Oh. Issey asked me to join him and LP for a Peru trip end June. It was really really tempting.

Pros: YOLO, I'll never get a chance to see Peru or Machu Picchu unless somebody wants to go with me again.
Cons: Flight is $2k, 31 hours with a transit in London and 35 hours back. 0_0
I don't think I can take a long leave on that period because of corporate affairs. And I'm not burning to go to Peru or Machu Picchu either.

Ok no go.

Last weekend I met Koong and Alvin and I kinda feel sad for myself on where I've landed. At the end of the day it's just balance. I don't want to go against my principles and do what I don't want to do. I have ample time in my hands and this might be temporary. I have to minimize my expenditure. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment