Thursday, July 21, 2016

Les Miserables



One of my lifetime goals since secondary school days is to watch this musical.

I was so excited when I learnt that they are coming to Singapore to perform at our only world-class theatre at the Esplanade. The problem is... it's costly and not a lot of people knows how to appreciate musicals. My choir friends have watched on their own. 

Luckily one of my friend-colleague Benny asked me randomly if I'm interested in watching and I've been keeping a lookout for discounted tickets ever since

Last Friday 15/7/16 5pm somebody put up an advertisement on carousell to sell 3 x $136 tickets at $80 each. I had no plans for that night so I guess it's possible because it starts at 8pm. I quickly messaged Benny to ask him if he's okay and it turns out he just needs to make some arrangements and within 5 minutes I found another person to watch too and Bam! Bam! Bam! Magic just happened. 

What a steal and how impromptu the whole thing was! 

It was as awesome as what all other reviews said. Our seats were not too shabby, Jean Valjean was awesome. I liked Eponine and her "On My Own" and the sequence when they were marching on the streets in a orderly fashion with all their voices as one. The average part was probably master of the house. I can't hear clearly what they were singing.

3 hours of live performance, totally worth it. 
Les Miserables... checked. 

Next up... probably Book of Mormon or Dreamgirls. I don't mind watching Lion King again too!

No comments:

Post a Comment