Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Record breaking

1. My favourite gin in the world Kinobi just won the world best gin. Congratulations! They have come a long way, and I've been dying to try their new old toms and get hold of the Ki No Tea. 



2. Up till end July, I have only saved 20% of my total income. This is the worst record ever, but if I only travel once until December and be consistent in my savings, I'm able to reach my target of more than 40% saving. 

3. In July, I spent a total of less than $400 on daily expenses! This incredible feat is due to my incredibly stringent budgeting plan which involved not going to the bars to drink for 4 weekends and taking cabs. I didn't even spend money on alcohol because I'm drinking all my bottles at home or at my friend's place. I did shop for a bit at Uniqlo but the pants were on sale $20. Less than $400 a month is kinda recording breaking for me, I have not spent so little since University (I think). 

To think back, all I spent in university is actually on food and transport, and we had student fare then. I didn't shop much, I didn't travel much (ok once a year), I didn't drink at all, I don't even snack. But I was scrawny then. I didn't gym, I just jogged and swam. No branded clothes, no branded shoes or bags because I couldn't afford it. Maybe I should go back to that lifestyle. Having a job and earning money is so poisonous. It entices you to spend money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment