Monday, February 17, 2020

Do I really need to go somewhere?

Now the virus has come to consume us all!

I'm feeling so restless. I was planning my second snow trip to Japan & Hong Kong but the virus situation is so unstable. I shouldn't be risk adverse but also half of my heart doesn't want to go to HK. And I have no holiday plans now.

Jarren asked me if I want to go Bkk in April but considering the virus and the wetness there it's gonna be so dirty and crowded. I'd rather go when nobody's there, like 2 weeks later.

Brian just asked me "do you really need to go somewhere?" And that really sets me thinking.
Do I really need to go somewhere? Maybe I'm just having holiday withdrawals now. Am I thinking of an excuse to just set myself free of the routine life and spend some money and eat some good stuff?
Yea I guess I can do that here as well, just skip gym for the weekend and go eat some nice stuff, drink some cocktails, dance at the club.

But the novelty of going overseas is still not there. No snowboarding, no hotels, no special Jap items shopping, no binge-shopping or binge-sushi eating. Ok I'm just talking about Japan. It's probably just holiday withdrawals. I can't wait to feel the winter and snowboard again urgh.
Should I go Osaka?

No comments:

Post a Comment