Monday, February 24, 2020

Parasite Obsession

Why am I so late to Parasite?

I've heard good reviews about it, but I'm just sceptical about those Korean drama because their tv series are all the same: poor girl meets rich guy, guy likes girl but parents object and tries to get rid of girl, and girl finds out she's adopted, actually rich, guy's ex gf got into car accident. It's all the same thing. At first I thought it's just another sci-fi movie about some parasite, just riding on The Host movie trend.

BUT

Parasite was amazing. I love movies with long takes like Children of Men, Gravity and Roma. It really tests the skills of the whole crew, especially the actors. I really like this film, it taught me a lot of things that I didn't know about cinematography, like the 180 rule, line crossing, the moving and static cameras as the story progresses or stops. It's simply wow. I'm so obsessed with the movie, although there wasn't any happy ending, the director wanted us to get back to harsh truth of reality.

Sigh. Why do I seem to get obsessed with things so quickly.

Till the next obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment