Monday, April 17, 2023

Expectations of adults

When I was a child I had a certain expectation of adults because I thought if they are older than me, they must be more knowledgeable than me, more experienced in life than me, more sensible than me, make better choices than me. I would look up to them because they are better than me, I can learn things from them.

As I grow up and start to think and realise things, these perfect images of them seem to disappear. I realised they are not as perfect as I thought they were, it's disappointing. 

As I become an adult myself, I look towards those who are same generation as me, whether older means better. When I start to realise this is not the case because I had overtook them, expectations fall short. 

Nobody is Master Yoda.
I guess I have always wanted to receive knowledge and more, and when there's nothing more to offer I get disappointed. I have to pave my own way. I have to look elsewhere, find greater heights, to move further ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment