Sunday, June 09, 2024

Sonos Arc

After one Friday night Eric came over to watch Godzilla and he said that my TV speakers are not good enough -_- so we used my B&O speakers to watch. The sound and bass were rather good but it seemed weird that the sound was coming out from one side. So the idea of buying a soundbar was always hanging around my mind.

So I did a bit of research and the best were Sony HT7000 or Sonos Arc. The Sony one was too long for my TV and TV console so I was considering the Arc. I went down to Harvey Norman to check it out, the sales guy introduced me to the Arc and I was sold lol. The Arc it is. And just so happened it was 6.6 sale and my bonus was coming, the original price of the Arc was $1699, the cheapest I could find on carousell was $1200 and Lazada was $1277 sale price for a brand new one, it was a no-brainer. I just ordered it.
During the research I also read that I have to pair with a subwoofer to maximize the experience so I was also considering if I should get the Sonos Sub. In the end I didn't buy it because I want to see how the soundbar will change the sound of the TV. I could always get the sub during the next sale.
Within 2 days it arrived, I set it up and Eric came over last minute for dinner and movie so we were the first to experience the Arc. It was meh and wasn't worth the price. I mean it was good but not that good. Or may I didn't tune it properly. 

The next day I tuned it and watch the new Star Wars series, and it was wonderful. Now I get why the sales person said the sound will just get better and better. I had the whole surround sound experience, like the show was happening all around me and much better than the day before. 

Ok anyway it came with a 30day free return so if I still don't like it I can return it next month. Let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment