Thursday, January 01, 2009

looking back 2008

for the past few years, I realised i haven't been looking back and recapping all the significant events that has happened to me and make resolutions for the year ahead, so i decided to do so, especially when 2008 has been an unforgettable year for me.

ok let me start with 2 years back, haha, after JC years and into the 2 locked and wasted years.

2006-2007
i worked for the first time.
went to Hong Kong.
started 2 year enslavement. ok 1 yr 10 months to be exact.
lived on my own for the first time.
learnt how to ride a motorbike.
met all kinds of people, average/traditional/eccentric
survived 1 week of survival training in the jungle.

2007 was quite a stagnant year.
went to Taiwan and haf quite some fun. learnt left-hand riding and rode into many unexplored and dangerous terrains.
ran the longest distance of my life.
started learning car driving.
pluck wisdom teeth.
started tuition with edgar.

hm.. that's about all for the 2 years of wasted youth. Although it could have been spent in a better way, but well since we have no choice it's better to get something out of it rather than nothing. so i'm glad for the experience which forces us to be independent.

2008 has been filled with life-turning events, with many significant turning points my life.

2008
Jan- the start of many 21st birthdays, i had my 21st bdae party.

Feb- Ended the enslavery of 1 yr and 10 months on CNY eve, and spent my CNY in peace. so relieved.

March- Worked in an office environment and banking industry for the first time,
Acquired my driving licence, first passengers were yk and hy and ht. hahahax and many driving experiences after that.
Got another job in Citibank as well.

June- The adventure of a lifetime.
First time flying alone, and in a long-haul flight. went to Shanghai, then New York and Boston, which, till now, i haven blogged. it's the most dangerous/exciting roller coaster ride of my 21 years.
Oh and i was acompanied by my black and slim japnese girlfriend ;)

August to Dec- started a 4 years course in NTU, and stayed in hall.
back to being a student, exams and stuff.
Found myself again.
i went back to Port Dickson once more.
and i've got a new job in the Indoor Stadium.
watched taiwanese shows and got a new idol.

This year was filled with many farewells for friends studying/working overseas. New friendship forged, existing ones remained or even went onto a whole new level, like the dearies: my pri sch classmates. 2009 is our 10th year anniversary! hahax. We grew even closer this year and even went on overseas trips together.

I didn't join them for their Thai trip because of my Boston trip. This particular trip opened my mind and eyes to a whole new world outside of the sunny island. What most people haven't experienced before, the american culture, their food and streets and their way of life. Every travel experience is an open door to learning! I hope it won't be the last time i'm travelling there!

Supper is our favourite night activity this year with my driving licence and the car at night! i think i've clocked more mileage than many others- on trips to the airport, east coast, supper places. hahax. but before this car licence i had acquired 1 year plus of road experience and learnt left-hand riding before in taiwan. Talking about Taiwan, i've watched more shows than past years. haha like bu liang xiao hua and ming zhong zhu ding, all completed after exams, towards the end of the year. and we always went on jiang xiao hua frenzies. haha.

I'm glad i found my old self back after hiding away during ns. No more need to do things in fear. Look at everything with an open mind. say whatever you feel like without hesitation. that's the taste of freedom. I'm still an Aquarius, loves freedom, unpredictable and always accustomed to transitions.

Thank you friends and whoever had made an impact in my life in 2008, thank you for all the wonderful memories. Goodbye 2008, it's time to head to 2009 for greater heights!

No comments:

Post a Comment