Monday, July 08, 2013

1 year in Shanghai

Today marks the my 1st anniversary for surviving in Shanghai! Fireworks please!

Congratulations to myself for surviving China thus far! It had not been an easy journey, a lot of things that I'm not very used to, so I still like staying in Singapore. Haha.

One year ago I came here on a plane and stayed at a hotel in the hot weather. One year later the weather is still as hot but I got to learn more about Shanghai and China: Taobao, friends, travel, 4 seasons etc.

Well, its also my first year as a working adult in my first company that posted me here on some very unfavourable terms, so I actually requested to be back sometime soon. But sadly I am not going to stay in this company for long, I will be working towards my dream company.

It had been fun and not fun staying in China and this is the longest I have stayed away from home. I still wouldn't know if this would benefit me in the future, but for now I'm being optimistic. I hope I can get used to the life back home.

I wouldn't miss this place because I now have an extra 1K every month that I can use to travel. Hee Hee.
So to celebrate, I did:

2 toys to celebrate my anniversary.

New hair for the anniversary!

Having the new hair in the office boosted my morale quite a bit, if you know what I mean. Haha.