Tuesday, July 30, 2013

one more Shanghai month

A very dramatic weekend for me.

Friday I was told by the program manager that my manager and the Singapore HR has aligned and I had to return in 2 weeks time. I was fumming so I went straight to the my HR director and I had support to stay till the end of August. Today I found out that my manager actually didn't know anything about that and it was all orchestrated by that f-ing program manager so I took things in my own hands and sent an email to all of them that we had already aligned my return date, w/o informing her.

Take that! Don't mess with the guy with powerful backing.

Well, I will be returning earlier than I had expected. My feeling now is that I will kinda miss life here, the free time and the cheap stuff and never-ending food hunt. But with the savings now I can actually fly here two times a month!

Yeah, I could actually come back anytime I want for fun because I have friends that could host me and I will also be here for training too. I hope my travel plans can remain the same too.

Meanwhile I have a lot of work to do before I go back. Sighs.....