Tuesday, November 26, 2013

4 day back in Shanghai

I had to attend a 2 day "training" in Shanghai and it felt like going back after a business trip to Singapore. 
The company rejected our application to take SQ so we had to stick to their cheaper house brand, China Eastern, which I wouldn't have boarded if I didn't need to collect my load of stuff left at Evan's house.

 I forgot how bad the air was, the first day was horrible and everywhere smell like cigarettes. Fresh air is such a luxury. 

As usual, training is just a social event to get away from your work once in a while and met up with friends.
Luckily I extended my trip by 3 days, arriving there one day early and spending the weekend there and I had my usual fixes: Nougatine, Haidilao, burgers, blue frog, Chu Hua and alcohol!!! 




Alcohol is so expensive in Singapore, I always had to drink my fill in Shanghai. Cocktails, sake, beers! I really miss the good affordable food and drinks there.

I settled most of my accounts, including phone, bank, gym etc. so that I don't have anything left to miss or return for. I have also thought for very long what else I could get from taobao but currently I'm quite satisfied with what I already bought: 2 leather shoes, 1 sports shoes, belt, headphones, googles, contacts, baking stuff and clothes.

I really hate to tempt my Singaporean friends with how comfortable Singapore had been because they had to endure for at least one more year there and most of them had been contemplating to quit. Well, one year is the turning point for me. 

So long, Shanghai, till April 14, if I'm still with the company. And they provide SQ flight.