Sunday, November 17, 2013

a close iphone shave

I was watching the TV on the sofa when the doorbell rang and I sprang up to open the door.

CLING CLANK PIANG

My iphone slipped from my pocket and went face down on the floor.

After opening the door, I checked on my iphone.
Pressed on the power button, home button, silent mode button, volume button, no response.

My iphone officially died with my only way of communication with all my friends.

Only 3 days before my biz trip to Shanghai, I came out with plan Bs in case my phone can't be fixed.

1. Buy a completely new phone without plan
2. Buy a completely new phone with my dad's expired plan
3. Use my backup non-3G phone until my plan is up in next June
4. Trade in my old phone to exchange for a new iphone with Singtel

But which phone should I get? Iphone 5S is very expensive and Iphone 6 which will have a completely new design will be out next year. I don't like Samsung phones. I'm leaning towards Nokia phones but they don't have my PVZ 2 and I need to restore all my contacts one by one.

A quick online research on where to get my iphone repaired and I'm down to the shop. They also couldn't figure out what happened after they dismantled it, and then suddenly the apple sign on the screen just sprang up.

WHAT...........................................

The attendant told me maybe something short circuited but it's ok now.

It was such a close shave! My phone officially died for 3 hours and came back to life!!! A miracle!
Oh phone I promise to take better care of you and never drop you again, until you are due for exchange. Heehee.

This is what I was afraid of 2 years ago when I got my iphone. Over-dependence.