Monday, December 23, 2013

complicating future

It's always on my mind to leave this job but as some of my friends tell me, this is the best job in the world because you get paid to surf the net. True enough.

I met Betty for lunch the other day and got to know that they are expanding this year, expecting to hire more people. But if I go in, I'd have to start from scratch because I don't have any experience. Well, three months doesn't really count. 

Earlier on she had reserved a place for me when I'm finishing my year 4 but the timing wasn't right so she gave it to one of her temp staff. If I were to join this time round, I would be more junior than him, which makes it awkward because he's younger and more experienced but my qualifications are above him. In addition, she has another 2 temp staff waiting for that full time position which makes it even more awkward if she had me fill in instead of them.

Anyway I'm just thinking out loud here. I had also researched on getting a part time Masters in financial engineering that will increase my chances of getting a great paying job dramatically.

Should I? One year of studies will cost 30k. It would be best if there's some sort of sponsorship if I join a bank, but I'm not quite sure if the cost of education is worth the lack of income. 

Income: est 36k per year 
Masters: 30k

If my increase in income is 1k after graduation, I would take 30 months or 2.5 years to recover my cost. That's even more than my whole 4 years of college! Sighs.

I don't come from a rich family, unlike some of my friends who can just go somewhere to study as much as they like and I'm already behind by 2 years of NS as compared to the female counterparts.

Career is so damn complicating.