Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Oktoberfest

The previous Saturday I finally went to Stuttgart Blackforest Cafe, which was really marvellous. One of the best German restaurants in town, great atmosphere and great German food.

I had the one portion pork knuckle: dry crispy skin with succulent meat, paired with sauerkraut and potato salad to negate the fried stuff. The blackforest cake was also one of the best blackforest cake I had, although expensive but it is soaked with brandy or cherry liquor. There was an F1 event special so we had 1 for 1 bubbly wine too.HAPPINESS. I spent around $40 I think. I would definitely go back again.


Last Saturday it's Oktoberfest with the boys at Paulaner. Great food too.. I guess all German food are really good. But it is very pricey. I spent around $60 for many various types of food and a mug of beer. I would have eaten at a buffet for that price though.

So I have started gymming on Saturdays instead of dipping in the pool because my body has gotten too used to swimming so there's no more effect. Every Saturday it's a body-aching day for me but it feels really good, although I hang out after that. I always had trouble bathing on that day and the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment