Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Bangkok 2014

The last time I went to Bangkok was in 2012 recess week, in my last college year before I got a job. 2.5 years later, I wanted to go back again and when an opportunity presents itself with company and free accommodation, might as well grab it. 

This time round was a little boring, I finished the Siam area shopping centres within a day, went to ctc weekend market, supermarket and a newly constructed biggest mall in Bangkok on the second day, and just wondered around on the third day. 

I had pad thai and mango sticky rice EVERYDAY woohoo! 


At the newest mall in Bangkok, there's Chikalicious, the famous dessert bar from NY where you can see the chefs prepare the desserts in front of you. A 3 course dessert grand prix comes with a wine paring (with extra cost), Overall I think it's too over rated. All the desserts I had wasn't impressive at all.







I had better desserts here, at After You dessert cafe. Earl grey jelly tea, Mille crepe with double chocolate ice cream. If you had this in SG, it might cost you around $16 but in BKK, it's half the price.



While shopping around Platinum mall, this dad was pulling around a mini trolley with a kid, which caught the eyes of many people. So totally cute!!



Overall, I'm not sure if I achieved my objective but at least I tried.
A great stay and great food, I would have gotten a check in luggage to buy all my cheap toiletries there.

No comments:

Post a Comment