Friday, January 09, 2015

Looking back 2014

January to March
First day of the year after watching Spiderman was spent cycling in ECP with the choir peeps.
Started my golf lessons
Won a laptop for DnD lucky draw
Got a $78 flight to Hong Kong and spent 2 nights there
PD for CNY
Sent Pear off to Australia
Had the most random life-changing trip to Nozawa to learn snowboarding and got tipsy while playing beer pong and pick-up sticks. One of the most fun trips I had.

April to June
Got so bored with work and started applying elsewhere
Went to Shanghai for work and visited Zhi Hui at Canada! Toronto and Montreal with Evan.
A disappointing Spiderman 2
Trial gymnastics class
Dilemma between studying and working
Had the backwards haircut and got really drunk and stayed over at someone's house

July to September
Had a farewell at Tuas and started at Raffles with a little stress and dinner
Sun Yanzi Kepler 2014!!
Had tests at P company and interview at G and U company
Bought a brand new Mismo wallet!
Bangkok in Sept with Evan, unfortunately my objective was half met

September to December
Interview at E company in Oct, G company in Nov, ED company and REC company in Dec
Taobao on 11.11
Theng's wedding
Dnd in Nov, made some international friends
Kailing's and Pear's wedding
Had a cheap deal and changed a new phone
SYC concert
A wonderful Xmas
Last year I wrote that I will be skiing during the New Year and it really came true! I went to Myoko Kogen to snowboard and became sort of an expert and countdown in Senoji Temple in Tokyo.
New Year in Tokyo is sort of cold but fun.

2014.
I really don't know how to describe this year.
The first half of the year was really exciting to me. I got so many good deals, the lucky draw and HK flight. The random trip to Nozawa was my most fun trip yet, a life-changer. It taught me things I didn't know about myself, patience, determination and the feeling of helplessness and perseverance. Training in Shanghai to meet my friends perhaps for the last time, and onwards to Canada. I never expected to visit Zhi Hui so soon but I really had a great time and gained an interest in wine.

The second half wasn't too good for me. A drop of income, the uncertainty and my confidence drop to an all time low. So many interviews but got neither. It's like playing hide and seek all the time. But I learnt humility and how the lower end of the spectrum survive in the market and interviewing skills. Maybe I'm just not cut out to be the higher end.

After exams, your life is all about your career and money. No Money No Honey.
I guess I had more losses than gains this year. The year didn't end too badly, at least I had fun in Tokyo if I didn't care about anything.

2015. A challenging year. I look forward to it because I have a few layers of assurance.
My fortune taken from Senoji Temple says this year is a great year for me and up till this week, I had so much coming in. I really hope this year is a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment