Monday, August 03, 2015

Hide Yamamoto

I have only met Michelle twice in my life and the third time I met her, she treated me to the most expensive meal at the most expensive restaurant I have gone in my entire life. She is easily the richest friend I have.

A turn of event, I didn't join her company but I introduced another capable friend to join so she wanted to treat me to properly thank me for some of my help. When she chose a Japanese restaurant at Marina Bay Sands and Issey specifically asked me to dress up, I knew it's not going to be just another simple dinner. In fact, I arrived early to do some recon. There were only 4 Japanese restaurant in MBS. Waku Ghin and Hide Yamamoto are the two crazy high-end fine dining restaurants, HY California and Bay Sushi are the casual ones. For Issey to say "dress up", my heart was pounding with excitement and my mind whirling around what crazy meal I'm getting into. 

Hide Yamamoto. Michelle is a regular at the restaurant and she knows the chef and his specials,  like the first sushi tuna roll with dried mango bits which is not on the menu. She just kept on ordering while Issey and I chatted a bit and I was so afraid she was going to over-order. 

First up, appetiser which was ok,


This platter of sushi is out of the world. I have no idea what she ordered but every bite is orgasm

THIS CHAWANMUSHI. Black truffle egg flan with sea urchin and snow crab. I simply cannot take it. I cannot believe such chawanmushi exists. The smooth and melts in your mouth orgasm, bursting with thousand flavours of the sea, forest and sky. 


Really fresh tiger prawns teppanyaki


OMG this truffle claypot rice with i-dunno-what-amazing-things-inside. 


Hotate sushi


Beef sirloin and Foie Gras teppanyaki. I simply cannot describe.


Swordfish, Snapper and Tuna Otoro sushi, Avocado and crabmeat in the background. That was after 3 rounds of Tuna sushi.


Peach Melba with Sake ice cream and almond for dessert


In addition, we ordered 2 bottles of sake 4 times, until one of the sake ran out of stock. Total 8 bottles.

I stole a glance at the bill. It was $1400++ for 3 person. 

I just cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment