Monday, August 10, 2015

SG50 weekend

It's SG50 this year so we'r awarded with a 4 day holiday to celebrate our Golden Jubilee!

Friday
Went to the gym, did nothing much. except to finish my comics and shows.

Saturday
It rained in the morning and I was having second thoughts about swimming because the pool is going to be so cold but I did anyways. I wanted to see the aerial display but it was over so I wanted visit the free museums so I headed to the library first to get some books, then walked a big round to MBS to the art-science museum to find it closed because it was past 6pm and they had stopped people from getting in. It was a really warm and humid day and air-condition became my savior. I had 2 scoops of ice cream (for charity) at MBS before heading back home to finish my Knights of Sidonia.

Sunday
MBS with the guys early in the afternoon to catch the really wonderful aerial display. The sound of the roaring engines of the jets is just excruciating and gets me so tense and excited at the same time. The speed they are travelling and the difficult aerial maneuvers created a thrilling movie. Lunch at Crystal Jade and they had chicken rice and chilli crab XLB for SG50! What a weird but delicious combination.

Fantastic Four wasn't fantastic at all. It was such a dark and depressing movie instead of the family-oriented comic that it was intended. I guess the director or the producers were trying too hard to replicate Batman. In my opinion the previous 2 movies were comparably better than this. The beginning were good though, halfway through it just went downhill.

Ant-Man, on the other hand, was so much fun and enjoyable. I watched it some time ago.

Anyway I bought Garrett's popcorn to munch on while watching NDP in the comforts of my home. Ah I feel so patriotic this year. 

SG50.
Happy Birthday Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment