Wednesday, February 01, 2017

CNY 2017

This year's Chinese New Year was exceptionally cold.

CNY eve was coincidentally also my birth process, we had company lunch, then off we go to Port Dickson at 4pm, and we reached at 10pm at night with a 2 hour traffic jam.

Cold weather. It rained for the first time in my years on the first day of CNY. It was usually very hot and humid but this year's was cool, and cold at night.

Cold atmosphere. Turnout on CNY was not as well as previous years, many relatives and friends weren't present this year so my dad got bored coz some of his mahjong kakis weren't there so he decided to head back on the second day.

Well it was a really quiet CNY, luckily I had a room and a bed of my own this time round.

I really do appreciate just doing nothing, staring at the sky, the forest opposite the house, or just wandering around, breathing in crisp fresh air without the constant interference of the city. Just pure birds, insects and occasional animal calls surround you 24/7, I'm really relaxed and my soul is in the nature. I'm really liberated from the city noise, no phones, no laptops, no ipads.

But the roosters are really annoying in the mornings.

Speaking of which, my phone touchscreen kind of died a week ago. It is unresponsive and jerky at times so I've sent it for repair so no phone for 24 hours! Liberation part 2. I hope it gets fixed before I go for my annual pilgrimage.

2 more days to the snow and my board.

No comments:

Post a Comment