Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Bangkok Jan 2019

Bangkok time after Japan!

Arrived at Bangkok in the Saturday afternoon and checked in hotel while Muey and Neab waited for me downstairs, and off we go for dinner at Another Hound Café at Em Quartier. I bought some stuff for both of them from Japan so Neab treated for dinner, I treated for desserts and Muey treated drinks.
After dinner we went to Kino to buy 2 books, then met Chanun, went to Find the Locker room for drinks. FTLR was a hidden bar behind a row of lockers lol, they had me find the enterance to the bar and I figured it out within 5 minutes haha. The drinks were really really good, and I was introduced to Pete. We then went for second round at Beer Belly, and played giant Jenga LOL.
Second day, I woke up for breakfast, took the metro to Silom and waited for Neab, went to PLU for Thai fusion lunch, then walked around. It was Bangkok design week so there are a lot of hipster pop-ups and art installation around Silom and near the river, it was so cool.

 
And I finally went to ICON SIAM, the latest biggest mall in Bangkok. You have to get there via river ferry. But the mall is the same as every other mall in Bamgkok.
 
 
Dinner was at Charm restaurant as introduced by Tao, Muey came to join us for dinner and we went to Maggie Choo's, and just nice the Royal princess was also there. The show was fantastic, and we won a bottle of champagne and some shots.

The next morning I had a 2 hour thai massage given free by the hotel at Healthland and it was super super relaxing. Went to Erawan shrine, Big C, then met Muey for lunch at Baan Ying, and Sean came to join us. I officially met most of the gang.

Muey sent me to the airport link and then it's goodbye Bangkok! It was fun when friends bring you around. I didn't spend much, only on food, and only shopped for toothbrush?
Good trip anyways, I achieved my objective, had a rather quiet birthday overseas and met my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment