Monday, February 11, 2019

CNY 2019

Chinese New Year was on Tuesday and Wednesday and my parents went back to Port Dickson on Saturday afternoon so I had to survive by myself till Monday morning.

Sunday was Kelvin's farewell lunch at Penang Place, the food was surprisingly good for a buffet. He's going Shanghai and I had more reasons to go Shanghai now haha.

Monday I went to work in the morning till 11.30am, then ran off to Ah Ma house for lunch, then waited till 3.30pm to go into JB to wait for my cousin's car. Last year the wait was horrible during lunchtime but this time I took around 1.5 hours from my house to City Square for my cousin to pick me up.

We drove up to Port Dickson and reached at 9pm, which was pretty quick coz my cousin was fast and furious, dinner, showered, sleep. This year was extremely quiet, and there weren't really anyone coming, so my dad was bored because the uncles would be going other place the next day. So and again, I spent less than 24 hours there and then came back already.

In the morning I was still going grocery shopping with my cousin in the town center. We set off after lunch around 2pm, after the first pit stop I took over the driving. I guess age had caught up with my Dad, it's tough driving for 4 hours straight.

Anyway it was really a short visit, I was glad. I was still thinking if I should go back at all. Wednesday I spent the afternoon at the gym and arranging my stuff. This CNY wasn't too bad, my French boss came back from France with 1kg box of chocolates for us and gave $20 angbao. Whee.



No comments:

Post a Comment