Saturday, June 15, 2019

social seclusion

This one week of social seclusion did good for me.

I managed to clear a lot of free time to do physical stuff instead of spending time in the virtual world of social media. I realised I do not need social media at all, I've changed my ig profile to "on hiatus" and won't be posting anything anytime soon. Honestly I regret the hours I have spent checking out other people's ig on my phone, such a waste of my time and battery life. I have better things to do.

I used to think how Cindy can live without fb, ig or whatsoever, then I realised I can as well. It's better to focus on things in front of me, and I don't have the fear of missing out anymore.

Unexpectedly, friends texting me out of the blue to chat, but of course I have to go to ig to find memes sometimes, although sometimes I only want to chat with certain people. Quality > Quantity.

My attention span got longer as well. Without the constant unnecessary information feed, I could think properly and converse properly without having interruptive thoughts and be more realistic. I only need the necessary things. There's full of unnecessary content in IG seriously.

I think I've changed. I'm more contented with what I have now and I'm beginning to let go of my belongings easier, Marie Kondo style. Letting go of people is difficult, I have to divert my attention to my short term targets while waiting for things to happen, or some things might not happen at all.

All my emotions just come back when I drink -_- It's super bad. I'm beginning to drink gin neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment