Monday, March 02, 2020

Back to red

Because there were 2 bottles of French red wines standing there in the cupboard after 14 years, I figured I needed to clear them because cheap wines doesn't last. They either gifts in the hamper from long time ago, or somebody bought it in the DFS because it came in a bundle and nobody knew how to choose wines.

So I opened one bottle last weekend with the old school cock and screw, and finished half a bottle while watching Parasite on Friday night. Saturday night I finished the entire bottle. It tasted normal, almost like normal wine, medium bodied, not as acidic as I thought it would be. It was French Semillon but watered down. Not as bad as I thought, but I slept so well after having wine.

This weekend I opened the other bottle, and I slept so well again after finishing half a bottle. This bottle wasn't as good as the French Semillon, I have no idea what was on the label.

I went window shopping at Cold Storage, didn't want to buy anything at first but the wine section was displaying top 8 NZ wines. I was so in love with NZ wines 5 years back. Cloudy Bay Late Harvest Riesling. Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc. I miss them. I haven't had good wines for a while, and now NZ's Pinot Noir is emergingly good, so I bought a bottle of Charmer Pinot Noir. $24. Not that shabby yea?

I mean, gin is not easy to drink, and it has to come with the right proportion of tonic. Wines I can just pour however much I want. I hope I'm not starting another collection of NZ wines just because I'm starting to return to wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment