Wednesday, March 18, 2020

my boss

I was consulting Adriel on some recruiting matter and I just realised, they are dishonest sales people, always saying things that are not true nor backed by facts because they are trying to sell jobs. But at least he's honest with me because I'm a friend.

I also asked him about job hunting, pay raises and stuff and then he asked me which is more important: your comfort or money. I'm really comfortable right now but I just want more money. Well, everyone wants more money. BUT it's hard to find a better boss.

I really like my current boss. He's so nice and friendly, he is patient, he solves problems, he's funny, he's super well connected - so much easier to do things. He knows people up there and people really like and respect him as well. And he communicates really well with other bosses, albeit there are some people who makes situation awkward. And he really listens to me and trusts me. The only bad thing about him is that he doesn't do promotions. BUT he does help his staff to rotate to a better role.

For me my date for the next rotation is in December, and I've been eyeing a few roles. One was filled already recently, and the other... I have to wait. It's another 6 more months or more from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment