Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Last day, massage, Sentosa

21 July was my last working day in my current company. After replying a few emails and having a call with my boss, I passed the laptop to my team mate and dropped my staff pass and clearance form in office, cleared out my desk a little and went for brunch with Brian. The start of a 2-weeks break.

I feel:
relieved - I am cleared of all my work responsibilities and I don't have to work for 2 weeks but I'm getting paid from my untaken leaves.
anxious - I couldn't sleep because it's a jobless mode and I'm nervous about my next company and they didn't advise me what to do on my first day. 
clueless - what can I do for 2 weeks without going overseas?

So after brunch I already booked a massage session. My first massage in Singapore which LJ introduced.
It was the chinese kinda massage where they used their arm bones and knuckles and rub against your bones/spine. My masseur was a chinese lady and I was glad she was chatty all the way if not I would have been very bored and awkward because she was massaging my butt. She was strong too, and when she did my hip and waist it was so painful. She said it was because we have been sitting down too much for work and my butt needs work lol. No happy ending because this is a clean place.
Overall for $64.20, good, clean and strong massage for Singapore standards. No pushy packages too.

The next day, I had to go to the beach. Nigel just came back from Shanghai and we had a lot to catch up on. To be honest, I hadn't chilled at Sentosa beach for the longest time. The last time was Secondary school, some 18-20 years back. I have only been to TBC to eat something but not chill. I'm totally not a beach person but Nigel and I had a day bed. Together with truffle fries and a bottle of moscato, the amazing weather, it was really wonderful.
Oh well. The things you can do in Singapore when you can't go overseas. Spending the travelling budget in Singapore and being a tourist in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment