Thursday, July 23, 2020

New computer!

During the stay home/CB period I was watching a lot of shows and doing a lot of shit online using my laptop and somehow the lag started to annoy me, like my shows would be laggy and the websites were laggy. I thought it was a good time to change my laptop.

I still love my Asus laptop, it has been 8 year and it has been through Shanghai with me. When I came back to SG, I took out the battery and it has been on my table ever since. I have no need to bring with me outside (unless I move overseas again) so I've decided to replace my main computer with a desktop - which is more powerful and probably cheaper and bigger screen. My laptop could be my backup - it is still working fine.

So long story short and many visits to Funan and many nights of surfing Carousell, I settled on either a all-in-one desktop or building my own. But building my own I have to get my own monitor and stuff so it's a hassle, and I was already enquiring this AIO lenovo desktop from somebody in Carousell so I decided to just stick to the AIO. It's either the $1300 brand new Lenovo AIO or the $980 AIO from Carousell which I'm quite satisfied but not satisfied with no SSD. Turns out, she reduced the price to $780 and it comes with a 3 year warranty - so I thought ok I can make do without the SSD since it's so cheap and I wouldn't get the one with SSD for another $600.
Apparently she was selling on behalf of her company because the company closed an office and were trying to get rid of assets, so I negotiated the price down to $700 and went to collect it. I just finished setting it up and transferring my files from laptop yesterday and found out: it came with SSD!!! Woohoo. I got a really good deal yayness.

I love the big screen, I love the fast response and I love the 24inch touch screen! One of my proudest buys from Carousell. One word for the big screen - SHIOK.

No comments:

Post a Comment