Friday, August 14, 2020

New Work

One week into my new company, here are some observations:

I love the building it's so beautiful and it was even filmed in Westworld. I wish I could stay in the residences there but it's a dead town on weekends.

The office is so Japanese, even the toilets look like those Japanese train station toilets. The building and structure are new, the pantry is nice, the vending machine drinks are free, I only miss the drip coffee that the auntie makes in my previous office. I'm also figuring out what's the best way to get to office from home. My desk is big and spacey, but no privacy to surf net lol.

My team is very local, and my boss is very nice, I'm quite relieved with that. My team mate is very helpful but I can foresee that they would resist change, e.g. e-documents vs paper documents.
I also feel like I've travelled back in time haha, the system they are using are like 10 years old? MS office 2010 suite?? Windows 7??? And they don't even provide laptops for staff???
Hello this 2020 now, when are you going to upgrade your IT systems? BUT if it's not going to change at the HQ then nothing's going to change, we just have to accept that.

Other than that it's still too early to tell now, it's not like BNP where I immediately felt so comfortable with my team and manager, it's like the place I really fit in.

It's just my first week only.. it's too early to tell. Pay and staff loyalty is definitely better than outside, as Phileo said.

No comments:

Post a Comment