Monday, March 13, 2023

Frozen musical

When I saw Frozen musical was coming to SG (last year) I was so excited and was looking for somebody to watch with me. Then all the overseas trip, I almost forgot about it, until Neab come here specially to watch it, and I realised there's only 2 weeks left.

Then Kat texted me and I casually asked if she wants to watch and she said OF COZ lol. So I was looking at the prices of the tickets... sighs... more than 150 each. Then I texted my cousin who works at MBS and he said there's no staff discount.

A few days later he said suddenly they announced that there's staff discount! LUCKY! And after the discount it was less than $100 for each ticket! But the catch is, they can only buy on that day of the show or tomorrow's show. We wanted the Sunday show so I accompanied him to buy the tickets on Saturday morning, after his night shift.
We bought the Sunday 1pm show because the seats were better. We had the $250+ seats at less than $100 and the view was amazing. There were a lot of Elsas and Annas and even some Mums cosplay lol. 
The first 10mins of the show were kids singing, but when the adult pros came out to sing it was wow. The lighting were so on point.
The first act ended with Let it go~ and everyone was really waiting for it. It was so GOOD. I had goosebumps when she started singing, and the gloves flew off and the transformation and the stage became this beautiful ice castle and just let it go let it go, just wow. 
After that Kat said we can go back already lol.

The second part was a bit boring. Olaf was a huge surprise, and he was amazing. They added new songs and did a medley using Let it go tunes to end. The light effects were awesome, so high tech, the timing was impeccable.
I still liked Lion King for the animals props and interactions, there were more surprises, but Frozen was not bad, Let it go was the highlight and the peak. 

Luckily we booked the afternoon show, we went for dim sum afterwards and some window shopping, then I went over to Suntec for the IT show. 
Let it gooooo let it goooo...

No comments:

Post a Comment