Monday, June 12, 2023

The long season

I just finished watching the best drama in China.

I ran out of shows after Succession ended (it was a really good season) so I turned to the hottest chinese drama and it was on youtube with English subs. I never thought I would like a chinese show lol.

All in all, I am really really impressed by the scale of the drama - they replicated the 1970s with so much details and the acting were superb. The script was wonderful and every scene was quite interesting. It all rounded up to a good reveal at episode 11 and the ending was so melancholic. It wasn't the typical happy ending that almost all China drama, it was actually quite a sad ending. 

My favourite scene from the last episode:
And then the ending song started playing... and then it was like... wow. so much feels and so retro. Each end credit song really fits the whole episode. Now I really understood why this show was so popular. 

Meanwhile I finished this show I'm still stuck at home. It's really a long recovery season for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment