Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Company Perks

HALO WORLD I'M BACK IN ACTION!!

I have finally finished my last hurdle of internship: the report and logbook. Report is done while logbook is 99% done while the due date is next week.

I'm also extending my intern till mid jan (i think) and then school will rock and roll.

My company has been treating me very well thank you, my supervisor is my idol, and i have received many perks like....

$100 shopping vouchers after winning something at an event
$60 Haagen Daz vouchers after winning it at DnD
$30 popular vouchers for completing the attachment
$20 starbucks card as a doorgift for an event
and i have tonnes of chocolates at my desk after winning at my team bonding event

Right now I really have no idea how to spend them. Haagan Daz is ok, but i dun really buy books at popular and i don't drink coffee. oh wells, at least they do not expire within these few months so i can take my time to think how to spend them.

AND THEN there are the company lunch and dinner treats

The DnD at marina oriental,
the other day my supervisor treated me to carl's junior for lunch
the next day my event committee treated us to dian xiao er with 2 herbal ducks and we only had 4 people
and dinner my department had 5 HUGE CRABS and more dishes at long beach for 11 people.
yesterday had a treat from Marg, whos our fun fellow colleague at taiwanese restaurant and we had 2 awfully chocolate cakes and 2 scoops of awfully chocolate hei ice cream which is simply the best chocolate ice cream ever.

tomorrow we are having lunch with another younger colleague at vivo and next week we are having an intern and supervisor xmas dinner at a german restaurant.

It is crazily sinful to stuff all the food. And i always suffer when there are food left on the table.

Colleague: hey there's one more crab claw/duck/chicken/beef/egg/ anythingonthetable!

another colleague: OH give it to the youngest!

*everyone looks at the interns*

Me: *pretend to be distracted/look for somewhere to hide my face*

female interns: no, we are full!

*everyone stares at me*

Colleague: Come on, you are the youngest guy intern, don't be shy.

Me: but I'm very full already!

Colleague: No, young man needs to grow!

the next thing it's on my plate and it happens ALL the time.

Till now i have no idea if its a good or a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment