Thursday, May 30, 2013

losing momentum

Sometimes I just feel sad for myself.

Being posted in a dangerous foreign land, receiving about $1000 less than my peers with huge income taxes, less than 2 weeks of annual leave and getting higher level of work and stress.

It made me forget what benefits this brought to me, like incredible online shopping, cheap eats and easy travelling. But $1000 per month can buy me too many things.

I can fly here every month with a lot to spare,
I can fly to Japan every month with few to spare,
I can fly to Jiu Zhai Gou with a lot to spare,
I can buy at least 5 lego sets every month
I can buy at least 3 Google Nexus 7
I can buy 2 Ipads
I can rent a very luxurious room here.

I'm losing my momentum to stay here already and somebody is tired of me saying this, but I felt like going back now.