Thursday, January 02, 2014

Looking back 2013

January to March
Spent the first day of the year climbing the famous Hua Shan in Xi an.
Still in my regular life of work, gym, sleep.
Organised my first company DnD in Shanghai as the director.
My first birthday overseas with friends.
Returned to Singapore for 2 week for CNY break as well as for work and as usual, went back to Port Dickson for Chinese New year. Oh the twins came back this year and I hoping next year more will come.

April to June
Visited Zhengzhou, 云台山,少林寺,洛阳 during Qing Ming Festival.
Visited to Nanjing for work trip and came back to a broken house. Epic life in China. Lost my new laptop and started to resent the place.
Mum came to visit with a relative in a tour group.
Visited Beijing for Labour day holidays and climbed the Great Wall of China.
Started leading 2 big projects with a month deadline.
Visited Chengde Summer Mountain resort for the Dragonboat Festival.
Got a new laptop thanks to Alwyn.

July to September
Choir peeps came to visit like finally!
Completed my first year in Shanghai and finally confirmed my trip back.
Visited the amazing Huang Shan and Qingdao for a disappointing beer festival because I want to cover both before I'm going back.
Got to know Evan and stayed at his place for almost 2 weeks while packing my stuff for my return trip.
Launched my final project and flew back during the weekend.

September to December
Returned to Singapore and started working in the local office while looking for opportunities elsewhere.
Started my routine life of taking the shuttle bus to the office and back and borrowing comics.
Discovered MeM.
Went to Siguniang mountain and Juzhaigou valley for a very awesome Autumn, experiencing hiking for 8 hours a day and altitude sickness and snow mountains.
Zhengnian's wedding, I was one of the brothers.
Went back Shanghai for training and to get most of my belongings back while settling bank, phone and gym.
A close colleague found out she had breast cancer =(
Shanghai had the worst air pollution in the worse with pm2.5 beyond 600 and I am so glad I came back.
Discovered Omegle.
Met up with Betty for a shot for my next job.
Huiting's wedding!
Met up with Issey who returned from Japan.

2013 seemed like a very long year.
The time I spent in Shanghai felt like very long ago, like a year before and I actually don't miss that place at all! I just recapped so many things that has happened in 2013 that I thought was long ago.
I went to so many places! And I'm also so glad I'm back here to witness so many moments like weddings and stuff.
As usual, my life for the first half had been very epic but one year and a half into working life, I actually feel bored already. Of course I have gained experience on how to handle things better. I do need a change in career soon and more places to go.

Onwards, I can feel 2014 is going to be a very exciting year. Charge in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment