Saturday, August 09, 2014

2 interviews in a day

I scheduled two interviews yesterday, one near my old office in the morning and another near my old school in the afternoon.

The first was G company, which was really a breeze. I knew how to answer everything without hesitation. I think most industrial companies are like very standard and easy, having the same set of questions. The moment I walked out of the office I knew I had the job in my hand.

After lunch I prepared for the other interview at U company, which came as a surprise because I thought I did badly in the first phone call. I knew this one was gonna be tough so I had spent extra effort reading about it online and preparing myself for most situational questions. I really did my homework for this one.

I didn't know what came over me. Maybe I relaxed after the first interview. Maybe I was too tired and stressed out from the first interview. Maybe the amazing office overwhelmed me a little bit. Maybe the interviewer was too casual. Maybe the questions were too tough. Maybe there's always a mental barrier in me that stops me from working in such an amazing place. Or maybe I just wasn't cut out for it.

I knew I did badly for this one. I couldn't answer some of the questions properly. I paused for a long time and still didn't answer one of the question. I almost wanted to ask the interviewer if we could restart the interview but it was too unprofessional for me to do that but I did recap one of them after the interview ended. But I could really tell that the interviewer wasn't really interested and I walked out of the office really disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment