Friday, April 03, 2015

All aboard

Last week was really crazy.

With the passing of LKY, the nation mourned for a week, the whole environment in the office and media is so solemn and depressing. Every morning while reading articles from Today's papers, I never fail to tear up and feel sad. And I can't talk to anyone about that. It nearly drove me mad. I have no idea where my inner peace was.

On 1st April Wednesday, I had signed the papers and officially on board (not a AF's joke btw). After almost a year I have made it thus far. Last Friday our team had a buffet treat from me and Sean at a Japanese restaurant. The official announcement was made yesterday and the heads came to pat me on my back and asked when I am treating deserts. -_-

I haven't met Naifen for quite sometime now so yesterday we had a pretty good and cheap buffet at Jiang Nan at Marina Square. The Hong Shao Rou and the Taro bun and the Liu Sha Bao... totally amazing. The warm and delicious liquid on the buns bursting in your mouth. Orgasmic. After that was Operation Dagger with Chairmeh. Mulled Wine was good, Sugarcane was spicy, Egg tastes like bailey's and Rock and Rye did the usual. More cocktails to come.

On a side note, I made Cherry Garcia ice cream with Valrhona Chocolate and too much sugar. I loved it so much I think I'm gonna make it again with the appropriate amount of sugar this time. Somebody said it's normal on Sunday. Maybe the Jiang Nan experience was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment