Wednesday, December 02, 2015

A short epic hk trip

I had the most epic trip to Hong Kong last weekend on 15th Nov to 17th Nov.


My first work trip in this company, I was very bored of Hong Kong but nonetheless it's great to get away from the office for a while and stay in a hotel. I was put up at Courtyard at Shatin, nice hotel but faraway location.

As usual, I arrived on Sunday afternoon and straightaway went to Mongkok for Cha Chaan Ting, Dim Sum, then went to Causeway Bay for some shopping and more eating and souvenir buying.







Epic 1: I met up with Reika and LJ who happened to arrive in HK that night, we had dinner. And cheese and wine after that and I got a little high and spilt a little bit. Reached back to the hotel past midnight to be ready for the training the next day.



Epic 2: I arrived at the training center to find out the training was tomorrow. I was quite pissed coz I didn't have any clothes or cash but luckily extending the hotel stay and changing the flight was very smooth. That means I had a whole day to myself. And I didn't bring my phone charger but the hotel was nice to provide me with one.

Epic 3: I msged Reika with my limited battery and luckily they woke up just in time and after our heavy dim sum lunch we walked from TST to Mongkok, stopping by Australia dairy on the way. We walked so much



Epic 4: After dinner at a nice char siew rice place with Nic (Reika's friend), we decided to sing K and booked a place at 9pm and they said we could sing till 5-6am for around $30. LJ ordered 3 freaking towers of beer and I wanted to go home at 11pm, 1am finally at 2.30am, with 2.5 towers of beer downed and I was super tipsy. I slept at 3.30am with the lights on and had to wake up at 8am for my training.

Epic 5: After training, I had to catch the 8pm flight so I straight to the airport and found out that I was upgraded to premium economy. The first time in my life I got upgraded by the airlines. It was the best thing that came out of this trip. The seats were so comfortable and I could recline till almost sleeping position. Noise cancelling headphone, big pillow, big screen but no premium meal.

I am so pissed that my boss made me pay for one night of hotel by myself and I had to take one extra day of leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment