Monday, December 21, 2015

Bangkok 2015

I only knew Bangkok had winter season when I did some research before going there for 4 days. We booked a package on Expedia which was cheaper than individually booked.

The weather was super cooling with strong winds in the day and around 21 degrees at night so it was so awesome to walk around the night markets.

Hotel Muse is quite nice. This is the view from the pool.



Day 1:
I went to take measurements to make a whole suit which I thought was quite expensive for Bangkok standards but oh wells, at least it turned out really nice. They were really fast too.
Dinner was one of the cheapest and best meal at the food street at Thong Lor. I must have mango sticky rice and coconut juice once we touched down.



Thailand tourism campaign: Kingdom of Lights. We walked to Big C for some grocery shopping and I bought my travel size stuff.




Day 2:
Breakfast at Crepe and Co, Thai milk tea crepe cake at Central Embassy was quite good, then platinum mall for some cheap shopping, Siam, Siam Paragon. The usual. And we bought LeTao cheesecake which was ultra amazing.



Dinner at Eat Me restaurant



Scallops



They ain't kidding about their black truffles. They shaved the black truffle in front of us. OMG look at the flakes.



Drinks at Speakeasy bar, a rooftop bar in our hotel.

Day 3:
After my second fitting in the afternoon, we had brunch at Terminal 21 foodcourt, also super cheap and good, then it's night market time at artbox, food and more drinking at night.







Day 4:
The morning was kind of a slow epic. We did it and woke up quite late. Street side wanton mee for breakfast, Jap for lunch and last minute grocery shopping, then I went to collect my suit before checking out of our hotel. I kinda liked the hotel though. It was a pleasant stay, nothing to complain about and everything was fine. Maybe except the TV which didn't work well.

It was my first time doing a Thai massage. They use more body weight and did major muscles, it was less focused. Bali massage is more delicate, more of fingers and focused at certain muscle group but it was too gentle. Both are cool though I liked the Bali massage a little bit more.

After that we da baoed Four Seasons Duck and my favourite mango sticky rice to the airport and ate them all delicious food while waiting for our flight.

Somehow I felt this trip to Bangkok was super enjoyable than my previous time, especially the moments when we had more than enough food but we kept on eating and eating. Maybe it's the company, maybe it's the food places we went, or maybe it's just everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment