Saturday, November 11, 2017

Second Reservist

It's rare to have 2 high keys within the year but it happened to my unit.

This time round I was more prepared and know what is expected after the first reservist I had in March, but it was actually better because it is more relaxed. Cookhouse food was still as bad, the bunk and toilet conditions were still as bad, but we got to go home after activity ends everyday so it's a relief for me. I just can't live without a hot shower and a air con room for sleeping. For the 5 days I never had to stay overnight at the bunks because my driving friend would pick me up on the way in the morning. THANK YOU ANDY.

The toughest activity for the whole week was actually to walk from the training shed to the range complex, which was around 1km away. Other than that, this reservist was one of the most relaxed one as claimed by my other unit mates. Well lucky me! Oh and we got to earn $200 extra for marksman.

My mates were still the same, dad bods and all but I realised we became nicer and funnier. We would make all the stupid jokes while walking to one place and another and it was such a happy atmosphere in a crappy physical environment, it made everything better.

I was expecting that the cohesion at the end of the reservist was to watch Thor, so I didn't catch it immediately and I was spot on.

Anyway I really like this second reservist. It gave me a good break away from work and I almost didn't have to think about anything at all and I can drink however I want during the weekends. Which I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment