Thursday, December 28, 2017

Christmas 2017

Usually I would be in Japan for Xmas and New Year to avoid the local crowd (and usually flights are cheap over this period) but I was afraid of no-snow, so this year's xmas was the annual meet-up at KL's lovely house on Xmas day itself.

So thankful for this bunch of peeps! We had awesome whole turkey, salami, cheeses and the delicious mulled wine that KL prepared. The log cake was made by Reika's friend who studied at Le Cordon Bleu, super delicious. One of the best blackforest log cake I've had. And we got so many presents hah.

And we sang Christmas carols after, which is our staple. They still sound so nice after so many years haha.


Double chins pic LOL.

Woon gave me this for Xmas and I ABSOLUTE LOVE it. So apt and funny!
The description says: Best known for his fondness for bath time and singing about his rubber duckie, Ernie features his signature red, orange, blue and yellow stripes Perfect for brining out those happy carefree days.
I'm the known alcoholic in the group, together with LJ so....
Sida bought me this gin from this hippie micro distillery in London, they only do small batches of gin. He said it's good but I haven't tried it yet, but I see bergamot and black tea as their special ingredient.
I got the Port from Pear from our Xmas gift exchange, specially from a local winery in South Australia. I think it's my second bottle coz they bought me one the other time. Good for after meal dessert I guess and it's only 375ml, like the ice wine.


Ah and I got my X a present too to protect it. ~$~


My fav bar just had their Xmas drinks, this one's called Xmas spirit and Dom said it feels like he's drinking a Xmas tree haha. I melted at the first sip.


I didn't expect this year's Xmas to be so amazing, time spent with friends in a cosy homely setting with home cooked food and singing carols and thoughtful presents, which is much better than eating out in those restaurants.
Truly the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment