Friday, March 09, 2018

Last min Bkk

After coming back on Sunday, Mac had a sudden last minute business trip to Bangkok 3 days after. On Thursday night I was thinking if I should go to Bangkok because Pit has been asking me to visit and I could actually hitch on Mac's hotel (yay to free accommodation), that means I have to take a day off on Monday.

On Friday morning I checked my Monday schedule and realised there's a team meeting. Oh wells, I called my other team mate to see if re-scheduling is possible but she was making it hard. After some negotiations, I had the meeting rescheduled to Tuesday, and I went ahead to Jetstar website. After lunch at 1.50pm, I bought my flights and was confirmed at 3.30pm because of some payment issues, changed currency and rushed straight home, packed at 4.30pm and I was on my grab hitch car at 5pm for the 7.30pm flight. The most last minute travel plan ever. The flight was around $300 which was rather expensive for Bkk but considering I had free accoms it was quite a deal.

I texted Pit and he wanted to pick me up at the airport but it was peak hour and the train is rather convenient. I have not been in Bkk for 1 year already and I realised SG passport could go through the scanning machine instead of manual stamping, so time saving! 

It was a drinking trip from the start. After I reached, Pit brought us to a rooftop bar with awesome cocktails. The second day we lunched at Roast, I wanted to tailor clothes but there wasn't enough time, we shopped around Siam, and dinner at Chinatown.



I think this is the highlight of the trip. After dinner at Chinatown, Pit brought us to a upcoming hippie area for bar hopping. We walked to this quiet and dark area without a soul and I was a bit afraid he was bringing us to some dodgy place to sell us off but when we opened a door it was filled with normal people! I was like wuddddddd.
The first bar he brought us had traditional thai music and the cocktails they served are local-based, consisting of Thai herbs and seasonal fruits. Really interesting place and concept.

 The second bar was called Asia Tonight, they serve drinks according to trends and main focus on Rum.
 This is the third bar, which is a small hippie gin bar and the door looks like that.

After that we still went clubbing and had more drinks LOL.
Second day Mac and I went out on our own, we wanted to go CTC market but it was too hot so we went Silom, Siam and fav Platinum Mall for shopping. At night Pit brought me to Maggie Choo's, which is another hippie bar.
This is what Maggie Choo's looks like. A dungeon theme, and they happen to have a drag show that night LOL. I have never been a fan of drag but it was really hilarious and I can't resist taking pic of Adriana Grande. The host also had some games with the audience. The drinks are awesome btw, and the music is awesome, it could have been a great club.

On the last day I had to explore myself, I went to Central embassy for brunch, Erawan Shrine, walked around Siam, went to thai massage, ate dinner with Pit at Greyhound Café and he drove me to the airport. Thanks Pit, and luckily we have a lot of common interests in food and drinks LOL. It's always nice to have a local to bring your around hippie areas.

I only brought $150 cash over coz I didn't want to spend so much this trip but in the end I had to change another $100 over there. All I spent on was food, especially drinks, I didn't really buy any clothes back.

It was a rather happening trip, I thought it would be a bit boring but the cocktail scene in Bkk is really amazing now, even better than SG I would say. I have to go back to tailor clothes next time and visit more cocktail bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment